Top 7 Mistakes Made By Landscapers and Garden Designers when Installing and Caring for their Lawns
- Installing The Wrong Turf Grass
- Unaware of Turf Grass varieties that can make their Landscape Projects shine
- Unsure how to care for all the different Turf Grass varieties
- Being Jack Of All Trades and Master of None
- (In)Correct Lawn Maintenance Procedures
- (Not) Choosing the right Contractor to help in caring for your Lawns
- (Not) Understanding the structure, biology and Pests of Turf Grass species
- “My lawn mowing guy told me the brown spots in the lawn was caused by heat stress.” – The correct answer might be the lawn has suffered from Curl Grub damage or dog urine over the lawn. Don’t say it is heat stress if you are not sure. If it was heat stress, then by all accounts the whole lawn would be off-colour.
- “The lawn needs to be de-thatched.” – This depends on what type of grass it is. Buffalo vs couch or kikuyu – the type of grass will dictate whether you can or should de-thatch the grass. You can be really proud of yourself providing you give out GOOD information. Otherwise, if you are not sure, admit it and tell the customer you will come back to them with an answer. Once again, make sure you rely on good sources for your knowledge of grasses.