Another “How To” video for Homeowners and Contractors – How To Grow and Propagate Buffalo Grass [St Augustine Sod] – uploaded to Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/YourLawnAndGarden on 1/4/2016.
For your Fact Sheet go to FACT-SHEET-HowToGrowAndHarvestBuffaloGrass .
Video Script for How To Grow and Propagate Buffalo Grass [St Augustine Grass] as follows:
1) Gidday it’s the lawn expert here.
3) In this video we will have a look at a typical Turf farm in operation and how they grow Buffalo Grass (aka St Augustine sod), and in particular, how Buffalo Grass is harvested and re-propagated.
4) Michael Muscat is the owner of GreenLife Turf and his 3 sons Patrick, Justin and Josh work the turf farm operation with him.
5) They are on about 200 acres on the floodplains of the Hawkesbury River, I think in the video I said 300 acres, so I have slightly exaggerated. My apologies.
6) It is really interesting to see how they grow and harvest Buffalo Grass (St Augustine, as it is referred to in North America) here in Australia.
7) You will see in the video that the harvesting machine that cuts the buffalo turf grass from the soil leaves a 2-3 inches strip of grass so the Buffalo grass can propagate itself over the ground or area of paddock that was harvest.
8) The reason why they leave this 2-3 inch strip is because Buffalo Grass only has above ground runners (stolons) and no rhizomes (below ground runners). So the grass propagates across the ground.
9) In our video we also show you some photographs of turf / sod harvesting machines here in Australia.
10) For more info go to www.GreenLifeTurf.com.au – also, they will be happy to give you a quote to supply & install new Sir Walter Buffalo turf.
11) Hope this helps you out.
12) In return and as a favour to me, please SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/yourlawnandgarden and please SHARE our video to your friends on Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest. Also, please give us the THUMBS up and like our video!!!