Buffalo Lawn Care Sydney – How To Get The Best Out Of Your Buffalo Lawn!
There are around 10 different Aussie Buffalo grass varieties sold in Australia and I cannot find fault with any of them.
However, the American ST Buffalo varieties introduced back in the 80s, well that’s a different story.
The ST varieties, including ST26, ST85 and ST91, are all notorious for not tolerating broadleaf weed herbicides registered for use on Buffalo (Stenotaphrum secundatum).
What do we do then? As a precaution we always follow this procedure (Lawn Green protocol): we always test spray any new customer’s buffalo lawn.
As always, you’re in safe hands!
For more Buffalo Lawn Care Sydney Tips for Buffalo Lawns including here in the Harbour side suburb of Longueville – you need to do the following:
- Mow lawn regularly every week in Summer, fortnightly in Spring and Autumn, and every 3 weeks in Winter
- Always mow with a catcher to pick up lawn clippings, leaves and debris
- Never use a Rake on the lawn – refer to our Cheat Sheet – see link below
- Only mow one-third of the lawn leaf at a time
- Never water the lawn in Winter, then Heavy but Infrequent watering for the rest of the year
- Fertilise the lawn every 3 months with a well balanced, slow released granular fertiliser
If you need new turf (including complete soil preparation, turf supply and installation) whether its any one of the many Aussie Buffalo grasses or any other grasses like Couch, Kikuyu and Zoysia then give these guys a call at https://lawnsolutionsaustralia.com.au/ or https://www.myhometurf.com.au/
For a quick 1 page summary of what you as a novice or experienced gardener needs please download our 1 Page Lawn Care Cheat Sheet at https://LawnGreen.com.au/The-Lawn-Lovers-Cheat-Sheet-the-complete-1-page-Lawn-Guide/ – this Cheat Sheet is a great summary of what to do and what not to do for the novice or passionate Lawn Lover.
However, if you need help call us on 1300 55 74 72, our [Lawn Care Service] is very popular amongst our customers for the following reasons at https://LawnGreen.com.au/Why-Choose-Our-Lawn-Care-Service/
Lots of luck with your lawn!