How To Get Rid Of Weeds In Lawn – Hopefully this will steer you in the right direction at Bunnings.
Another “How To” video for Homeowners and Contractors – What Is The Best Weed Killer For Lawns – How To Get Rid Of Weeds In Lawn – How To Kill Wintergrass – uploaded to Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/YourLawnAndGarden on 10/5/2016.
For your Fact Sheet go to FACT-SHEET-WhatIsTheBestWeedKillerForYourLawn .
Video Script for What Is The Best Weed Killer For Lawns as follows:
1) Gidday it’s the lawn expert
2) What is the best weed killer for your Lawn whether you are a homeowner or contractor
3) We need to work out what weeds we want to target as this will help us work out which herbicide product to use
4) Here in Australia, we have 4 fairly well defined seasons Summer Autumn Winter and Spring. Most winter weeds germinate in late autumn to spring, these weeds are mainly your broadleaf type weeds inc dandelions, clover, oxalis, flatweeds etc these are broadleaf weeds (generally classified as herbaceous weeds – like herb type plants), then you have other weeds known as Grassy weeds, these include wintergrass, crabgrass, summer grass nutgrass (aka nutsedge) and so on.
5) We have visited Bunnings (located in Dural) and then Flower Power (also in Dural) to see the range of lawn care herbicide products on offer.
6) The retail brands available can achieve a good result although not as good as what is available to my business at www.LawnGreen.com.au where we have access to a huge range of professional herbicide products. My feeling is that a homeowner can get about 60 to 70% success using the homeowner brands compared to what we can achieve.
7) Homeowners cannot access the professional lawn care products as you need to be licensed. Contractors need to get licensed via www.Chemcert.com.au
8) The herbicide product’s Active Constituent that targets Wintergrass in buffalo, couch, kikuyu, queensland blue couch etc is [Endothal].
9) The Active Constituent called Dicamba is not registered for use on Buffalo Grass (aka St Augustine in North America). The products with Dicamba are safe on all other grasses except Buffalo
10) Hope this helps.
11) In return and as a favour to me, please SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/yourlawnandgarden and please SHARE our video to your friends on Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest. Also, please give us the THUMBS up and LIKE our video!!!