TifTuf Couch Lawn Care – Just quoted on this Tiff Tuff Couch Lawn (Cynodon dactylon) in Burraneer, NSW, Sydney, and it’s badly infested with Onion Weed as you can see.
We can get on top of the [Onion Weed] with Bayer’s Destiny Herbicide.
When we get the go ahead to rejuvenate this lawn, we will do the following:
- Fertilise with our professional grade granular fertiliser (which is coated with a pre-emergent herbicide coating that goes into the soil and helps prevent weed seeds from germinating)
- Spray all Tiff Tuff Couch lawn with Destiny Herbicide. Destiny (by Bayer) is “dear as poison” but the only product that will get rid of Onion Weed in all Warm Season Grasses (inc Couch, Buffalo, Kikuyu etc except is not registered for use on Queensland Blue Couch)
The main advice we will give the client is to mow lawn every week for next month and only remove a third of the grass’s leaf at each mow.
Some Lawn Care tips for TifTuf Couch Grass include:
1. Mow your lawn regularly ie every week in Summer around 30mm high, every 2 weeks Spring and Autumn and every 3 weeks in Winter
2. Water your lawn every week (for 1 hour) in Summer (if no rain), and NIL water in Winter
3. Fertilise with a well balanced granular fertiliser
4. Only mow one third of the grass leaf at each mowing
5. NO Raking
LawnGreen’s Sydney Lawn Care Service is very popular amongst its customers for the following reasons at https://LawnGreen.com.au/Why-Choose-Our-Lawn-Care-Service/
If you need new turf (including complete soil preparation, turf supply and installation) whether its any one of the many Aussie Buffalo grasses or any other grasses like Couch, Kikuyu and Zoysia then give these guys a call at https://lawnsolutionsaustralia.com.au/ or https://www.myhometurf.com.au/
Whether you engage a Lawn Care Service like ours or not it is really important to look after your lawn properly. You can save yourself a lot of grief by downloading our 1 Page Lawn Care Cheat Sheet at https://LawnGreen.com.au/The-Lawn-Lovers-Cheat-Sheet-the-complete-1-page-Lawn-Guide/
TifTuf Couch Lawn Care – Lots Of Luck With Your Lawn!