Another “How To” video for Homeowners and Contractors – [How To Water The Lawn] Correctly – Watering For Warm Season Grasses – buffalo couch zoysia turf – uploaded to Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/YourLawnAndGarden on 29/4/2016.
For your Fact Sheet go to FACT-SHEET-HowToWaterTheLawnCorrectly .
Video Script for [How To Water The Lawn] correctly as follows:
1) Gidday it’s the lawn expert here.
2) Here in Australia we deal mostly with Warm Season Grasses – refer to http://LawnGreen.com.au/what_turf_grass_is_that_-_identification_tools_for_contractors/ and http://LawnGreen.com.au/lawn_mowing_tips_and_watering_advice/
3) Warm Season grasses include the likes of kikuyu, buffalo, couch & zoysia. These grasses should be watered heavily and infrequently.
4) Heavy watering promotes deep root growth and it is this deep root growth that makes these grasses drought hardy and tolerant.
5) Customers often ask me when they should water their lawns. I say they should only water their lawn if Mother Nature has not been delivering. So if there has been no rain then you should water the lawn for an hour at a time every week in summer, every 2 weeks in Autumn and Spring and every 4 weeks in Winter…only if there has been NIL rain.
6) This frequency of watering or irrigating is really the same as the frequency of mowing the lawn. So you can water the lawn after you have mowed it.
7) Here in Australia we are mostly dealing with warm season grasses like kikuyu, couch, buffalo, zoysia etc. For most situations 30mm is a good mowing height in summer and maybe a notch higher in winter to compensate for the reduced sunlight hours.
8) Mow the lawn frequently – we need to mow the lawn regularly, if not then you end up scalping the lawn if it has not been mowed often enough. Ideally we should mow the lawn every week in summer, every 2 weeks in Autumn and Spring and every 3 to 4 weeks in winter. I generally mow my own lawn every 2 weeks max in winter and every week the rest of the year. Remember to mow the lawn at the same height of say an inch and FREQUENTLY.
9) Hope this helps.
10) In return and as a favour to me, please SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/yourlawnandgarden and please SHARE our video to your friends on Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest. Also, please give us the THUMBS up and LIKE our video!!!