How To Get Rid Of Onion Weed In The Lawn – Another “How To” video for Homeowners and Contractors – How To Get Rid Of Onion Weed – uploaded to Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/YourLawnAndGarden on 21/6/2016.
For your Fact Sheet go to FACT-SHEET-HowToGetRidOfOnionWeed .
Video Script for Onion Weed Control as follows:
1) Gidday it’s the lawn expert
2) Getting Rid Of Onion WEED In Your Lawn? I will show you how. Behind me is a customer’s front lawn and I will show you a sample of Onion Weed. This lawn is riddled with Onion Weed.
3) Onion Weed (its botanical name is Nothoscordum borbonicum).
4) Today we are starting a new Lawn Care program for this new customer. What we will be doing is to fertilise with our premier granular fertilizer (that is coated with pre-emergent herbicide), then we will test spray the buffalo. Then in 2 weeks we will come back to check the test spraying. Once we see the lawn is OK then we know we can safely spray the lawn all over.
5) Regarding test spraying Buffalo Grass we cover this in another video at https://youtu.be/UQrYo1EYDDc
6) Fortunately we can selectively remove Onion Weed from all grasses including Buffalo, Couch, Kikuyu & Zoysia except Rye Grass and Queensland Blue Couch using the selective herbicide called Destiny (made by Bayer). For the other broadleaf weeds we use Javelin herbicide (made by Barmac). Javelin is a generic of the original Spearhead herbicide. For wintergrass we use Poachek. All these herbicides need to be applied a week apart.
7) Destiny kills Rye Grass and badly damages Queensland Blue Couch.
8) The label for Destiny can be viewed at http://www.herbiguide.com.au/Labels/IODO100_56801-56696.PDF
9) When applying Destiny make sure you mix it with a surfactant like Maxwet – this can be viewed at http://www.globegrowingsolutions.com.au/products/labels/MAXWET%20LABEL3.pdf
10) Hope this helps.
11) In return and as a favour to me, please SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/yourlawnandgarden and please SHARE our video to your friends on Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest. Also, please give us the THUMBS up and LIKE our video!!!