Bandicoots In Your Lawn – are a real problem and a nuisance for homeowners’ and their lawns. This article will help you understand and manage the problems created by bandicoots in your gardens and lawns.
Bandicoots are mainly nocturnal marsupial omnivores (meaning they forage for food sources such as curl grub, spiders, earth worms and other insects and vegetative matter). They are small animals about the size of rabbits.
Bandicoots tend to forage for food in gardens and lawns and by nature they are creatures of habit in regard to foraging.
There are a few things you can do to discourage bandicoot activity in your lawn and garden:
- remove their food sources by reducing or eliminating insects in your lawn with Indigo Specialty Products’ Recruit insecticide or Syngenta’s Acelepryn insecticide – both these insect control products are available to buy online at Lawn Pride Australia
- lighting helps deter bandicoots as they dislike lit up areas
- add ammonia smelling products including Dynamic Lifter, chicken manure
- maybe products such as Scat and / or D’Ter
- engage the services of a professional lawn care operator (like Lawn Green)to apply Lawn Insect Pest insecticide to eliminate the underground food source
LawnGreen’s [Lawn Care Service] is very popular amongst its customers for the following reasons at https://LawnGreen.com.au/Why-Choose-Our-Lawn-Care-Service/
If you need new turf (including complete soil preparation, turf supply and installation) whether its any one of the many Aussie Buffalo grasses or any other grasses like Couch, Kikuyu and Zoysia then give these guys a call at https://lawnsolutionsaustralia.com.au/ or https://www.myhometurf.com.au/
Whether you engage a Lawn Care Service like ours or not it is really important to look after your lawn properly. You can save yourself a lot of grief by downloading our 1 Page Lawn Care Cheat Sheet at https://LawnGreen.com.au/The-Lawn-Lovers-Cheat-Sheet-the-complete-1-page-Lawn-Guide/ – this Cheat Sheet is a great summary of what to do and what not to do for the novice or passionate Lawn Lover.
Bandicoots In Your Lawn