[How To Top Dress Your Lawn]: Slow day today as we come into a few days of very wet weather – so thought I would shoot a quickie video of a client’s lawn here in Cherrybrook NSW (in The Hills District – North West of Sydney).
Top 5 TopDressing Tips:
- The client decided to top dress his lawn just prior to Winter – a big no no as the weeds and weed seeds will have fun in the exposed soil
- We don’t like [topdressing soil] (turf underlay) as it goes hard in the summer sun and makes it difficult for the grass to travel through
- We love River Sand, best top dressing medium for grass to grow through! In fact, you can buy river sand by the 20 kg bag (around $20) from [Bunnings].
- Only [topdress the lawn] where there are divots, no need to topdress the whole lawn – completely unnecessary for the home lawn!
- Only carry out topdressing in the warmer months between November to February.