Another “How To” video for Homeowners and Contractors – What Is The Best Fertiliser For Lawns – uploaded to Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/YourLawnAndGarden on 13/5/2016.
For your Fact Sheet go to FACT-SHEET-WhatIsTheBestFertiliserForYourLawn .
Video Script for What Is The Best Fertiliser For Your Lawn as follows:
1) Gidday it’s the lawn expert
2) What is the best fertilizer for your Lawn whether you are a homeowner or contractor
3) We have visited Bunnings (located in Dural) and then Flower Power (also in Dural) to see the range of lawn care fertiliser products on offer.
4) Here in Australia, we have 4 fairly well defined seasons Summer Autumn Winter and Spring.
5) Generally for established lawns we need to fertilise every 3 months.
6) For ESTABLISHED lawns we want a fertilizer with an NPK with a nitrogen (N) of between around 30 to 20, phosphorous (P) of around 0 and potassium (K) of around between 10 and 5. This will read like this – 30:0:5 or maybe 20:0:5
7) Generally Australian soils already have phosphorous present enough for established grasses, therefore, the phosphorous content in fertilizer products for established lawns is zero or very low.
8) For NEWLY LAID Turf or Sod, we want a starter fertilizer with an NPK of low nitrogen around 10 or under, a bit of phosphorus of around 5 and higher potassium of around 15 to 20. This will read like this – 10:5:15
9) There is more phosphorous and potassium in starter fertilizers as new turf or sod needs help with root development.
10) Hope this helps.
11) In return and as a favour to me, please SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/yourlawnandgarden and please SHARE our video to your friends on Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest. Also, please give us the THUMBS up and LIKE our video!!!