Another “How To” video for Homeowners and Contractors – How To Control Onion Grass In Your Lawn – uploaded to Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/YourLawnAndGarden on 10/6/2016.
For your Fact Sheet go to FACT-SHEET-HowToGetRidOfOnionGrassInYourLawn .
Video Script for How To Control Onion Grass In Your Lawn as follows:
1) Gidday it’s the lawn expert
2) How To Get Rid Of Onion Grass In Your Lawn? I will show you how. Behind me is a customer’s front lawn and I will show you a sample of Onion Grass
3) Onion Grass (the common name here in Australia) is known as Romulea rosea (its botanical name). More info at http://lawngreen.com.au/onion-grass-with-pink-star-shaped-flower/
4) Onion Grass is a completely different plant to Onion Weed (its botanical name is Nothoscordum borbonicum)
5) The good news is that both Onion Grass & Onion Weed can be selectively removed from all grasses including Buffalo, Couch, Kikuyu & Zoysia except Rye Grass and Queensland Blue Couch using the selective herbicide called Destiny (made by Bayer). Destiny kills Rye Grass and badly damages Queensland Blue Couch.
6) The label for Destiny can be viewed at http://www.herbiguide.com.au/Labels/IODO100_56801-56696.PDF
7) When applying Destiny make sure you mix it with a surfactant like Maxwet – this can be viewed at http://www.globegrowingsolutions.com.au/products/labels/MAXWET%20LABEL3.pdf
8) Hope this helps.
9) In return and as a favour to me, please SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/yourlawnandgarden and please SHARE our video to your friends on Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest. Also, please give us the THUMBS up and LIKE our video!!!