Cylinder Mowing – The Cheat’s Way – For Only A Fifth Of The Cost Of A Cylinder Mower
Another “How To” video for Homeowners and Contractors – Cylinder Mowing – The Cheat’s Way – For Only A Fifth Of The Cost Of A Cylinder Mower – uploaded to Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/YourLawnAndGarden on 19/2/2016.
For your Fact Sheet go to FACT-SHEET-CylinderMowing-TheCheatsWay .
Video Story Board for Cylinder Mowing – The Cheat’s Way – For Only A Fifth Of The Cost Of A Cylinder Mower as follows:
1) You want your lawn looking like a golf green, you would love to have your lawn mowed with a cylinder mower. Let me show you the cheat’s way!
2) You get a great finish to your lawn using a Cylinder mower, however, not everyone wants a cylinder mower, nor can they afford them, they are quite expensive
3) Start mowing around the perimeter a couple of times
4) Then start mowing in 1 Direction – haha
5) Mow the whole lawn in 1 direction – haha
6) Empty the catcher, notice how full the catcher is with grass clippings
7) Ok now we RE mow the whole lawn 90 degrees to the original direction
8) Then you see that we have only collected a smaller load of grass clippings, however, on the same mower height we are still getting some grass off, as it is in a different direction
9) The benefit of mowing in 2 directions is you prevent the grass from falling over and developing thatch. So this is in effect the same result as you get with a cylinder mower
10) Price of cylinder mower versus a rotary mower is 3 to 1, so maybe $2,500 for a cylinder mower and say around $800 for a push (non-self-propelled) rotary mower
11) So a rotary mower gives just as good a result as a cylinder mower if you know what you are doing – that is, the cheat’s way
12) Did you know the rotary mower was invented here in good ol’ Oz – check this out at http://www.victa.com/au/about-us
13) If you are a contractor then this may not be practical, however, you will need to practice good lawn management to ensure the grass is thatch free and healthy